Summary: Assist in the documentation and design for product improvements.
Duties: The responsibilities for this position include the following: (Other duties may be assigned)
- Evaluate, analyze and make recommendations on products for cost improvements to improve the competitive position of the company
- Follow SOP practices to procure materials needed to construct prototypes and supervises the design engineering of model changes
- Analyzes test data and reports to determine if designs meet functional and performance specifications
- Analyzes, evaluates, sources and coordinates the procurement of new materials to support model changes
- Analyzes, evaluates and recommends cost improvement ideas through product, vendor and design changes
- Provides support to sales and marketing on product presentations and customer support
- Uses computer-assisted engineering and design software and equipment to perform engineering and design tasks. SolidWorks and PDM Works are standard drafting design packages
- Develop hydraulic system knowledge by working with others, vendors and some external training; then uses that knowledge in analysis of some of our products
- Review and update Operations manuals and manipulate data to design, develop and maintain product manuals
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following
- Design - Generates creative solutions. Demonstrates attention to detail
- Problem solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Develops alternative solutions
- Project Management - Communicates changes and progress
- Technical skills - Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills
- Interpersonal skills - Remains open to other's ideas and tries new things
- Oral communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations
- Written communication - Able to read and interpret written information
- Change management - communicates changes effectively
- Managing people - improves processes, product and services
- Strategic thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals. Analyzes market and competition. Adapts strategy to changing conditions
- Quality management - Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness
- Ethics - Treats people with respect
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures
- Planning/Organization - Uses time wisely and efficiently. Sets goals and objectives
- Adaptability - Able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Education and/or Experience - Bachelor of Science in engineering field; four (4) to ten (10) years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Mathematical skills - Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Computer skills - A solid working knowledge of SolidWorks CAD Manufacturing software (2000+ hours). Epicor inventory software and Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to sit and use hands/fingers. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands/arms and talk or hear. The employee is required to walk. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and depth perception.
Benefits: Weekly pay, medical, dental, vision, holiday pay, vacation pay, sick leave pay, tuition assistance, 401k and Flex Spending.