Job Summary: VT LeeBoy is a leading manufacturer of asphalt paving and road construction equipment. Our EHS Manager plans, directs and implements Environmental, Health and Safety programs to ensure a safe, healthful and environmentally responsible operation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops and implements policies and procedures in compliance with local, state and federal Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) rules and regulations.
- Develops, implements, and manages procedures in compliance with local, state, and federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) rules and regulations for handling wastes, storm water, and air activities involving regulatory permits and reports.
- Plans and implements programs to train employees in work site safety practices, fire prevention, and correct handling techniques for chemicals, toxins, equipment, and other materials.
- Investigates all work place accidents to include administering drug tests to those involved in incidents to determine root cause, filing the required incident report, and managing any resulting worker’s compensation claims from the time of the injury through recovery and eventual return to work.
- Inspects facilities to detect existing or potential accident and health hazards, determines corrective or preventative measures where necessary, and follows up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Completes or provides input for all required compliance and regulatory reporting and training.
- Develops and leads a formal stainability program and relevant ISO Programs (e.g. ISO 50001, ISO 140064).
- Creates successful internal partnerships to integrate EHS values and practices across the business.
- Manages departmental budget and vendor relationships with suppliers that provide EH&S resources to the company at large.
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience: BS degree in technical subject, Engineering, Environmental Science or related subject from an accredited college or university; and at least 5 years related experience. Must be computer literate - Microsoft Office Suite. Ability to communicate at all levels of the organization, persuade senior leadership of priority of EH&S recommendations.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical – Collects and researches data.
- Project Management – Communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and within established budget.
- Written Communication – Able to read and interpret written information and present data to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Visionary Leadership – Inspires respect and trust.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Professionalism & Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures and thrives in a team based culture.
- Judgment – Displays willingness to make decisions and makes timely decisions.
- Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures
- Adaptability – Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities at this time.
Physical Demands: Regularly required to stand and use hands and fingers. Frequently required to walk, stand, reach with hands and arms. Occasionally required to sit, talk and hear. Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
Work Environment: Occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and outside weather conditions. Noise level is usually loud.
Must be 18 (years old) to apply.
Benefits: Weekly pay, medical, dental, vision, vacation, holidays, sick leave, tuition assistance, 401K and Flexible Benefit Account